none
Documents not opening in Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• I've had two updates on Windows 10 in this past week. My browser is Chrome.  Ever since then, when I click on open documents or try to get an on-line PDF to open within a bill or website to get an actual copy of the bill or document, a new tab opens, as it should, but it's a blank page. Nothing comes up. I just checked for updates and this is when I got a large 2nd update showing as version 1909.  After that was completed, I tried it again and the SAME thing is happening. I can open regular PDF documents saved on my computer just fine, and I also checked for updates there, and I'm up to date.  This is so frustrating....any one know how I can fix this please?
    Friday, November 15, 2019 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Katcobra.

Does the problem occur only when using Google Chrome or is any browser on your system affected by this issue?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Hi Katcobra,

To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps:

1.Use other browsers, such as IE, Edge.

2.Make sure you don't have a mix of Office products on that computer.

Uninstall the incorrect versions, repair the correct version, and restart the computer. 

3.In addition, do you have anti-virus software installed? You can temporarily close them and view the results.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:13 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:02 AM