Error Handling in ASP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am planning to implement error handling on an existing ASP application.

For now I am concentrating on the error situation while accessing DB.

I know we can use the "On Error Resume next " techniqe and have an error handling function next to all the calls to DAObjects.

But we are talking abt close to 1000 files and there are multiple DB calls in a single ASP. So its a tedious job to add this error handling function call on each insance of DB call.

Just wondering if there is a way to define the prog flow to a specific funcation  whenever an error accours in the page.

like "On Error call handleError"

I can have this handleError function included in any of the exiting include file.

This approach can save me a lot.

-Thanks

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi!

Thanks for asking! I'm a member of the ASP.NET team, and was just popping over here to see what was going on. The best place to ask ASP.NET (or ASP) questions is over on the ASP.NET forums at http://www.asp.net/welcome.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=39

If you're using ASP.NET, the best way to handle this would be to either create a custom class that handles most of your database management stuff, and handles the errors in there, or to use the error handling of the global.asax file.  If you're using ASP classic, I believe you're out of luck.  Sorry.

HTH,

PEte

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:39 PM