none
In Step 2, where do I put the folder in? RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the MSDN tutorial on how to setup a basic WCF service:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733766.aspx

On Step 2, where do I put the folder in?

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom_Befrugal,

>> On Step 2, where do I put the folder in?

You could place the folder in anyplace. For example, you have D: disk, you could create “IISHostedCalcService” Folder under D disk, and then use the IIS management tool to create a new IIS application that is physically located in this application directory. When creating an alias for the application directory use "IISHostedCalc".

In addition, I would suggest you try to create WCF Service in VS which is more convenience. The document is for VS 2005, but it is similar with VS 2013 and later version.

#How To: Create a “Hello World” WCF Service Using Visual Studio

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jmeier/2007/10/15/how-to-create-a-hello-world-wcf-service-using-visual-studio/

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom_Befrugal,

>> On Step 2, where do I put the folder in?

You could place the folder in anyplace. For example, you have D: disk, you could create “IISHostedCalcService” Folder under D disk, and then use the IIS management tool to create a new IIS application that is physically located in this application directory. When creating an alias for the application directory use "IISHostedCalc".

In addition, I would suggest you try to create WCF Service in VS which is more convenience. The document is for VS 2005, but it is similar with VS 2013 and later version.

#How To: Create a “Hello World” WCF Service Using Visual Studio

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jmeier/2007/10/15/how-to-create-a-hello-world-wcf-service-using-visual-studio/

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Hi Tom_Befrugal,

Have your issue been resolved? If not, please feel free to let us know, we are glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Friday, February 3, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Sorry about the wait, I lost track of the thread until now.

Thanks for answering!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:08 PM