none
Trying to figure out the max. number of concurrent users/requests for a single server. RRS feed

• Question

• I have set the number of maxiothread and other settings in the machine.config as MS has suggested for heavy loads. I am running on  Dual CPU's Dual Core servers with 16 GB of RAM. I am running load test using 3 sites going to different application pools - load balanced. I get up to around 250 users and I start to see response delays but can't figure out what is causing them. All 3 servers, web/app and db are running under 30% cpu and under 10% memory.

I am loading the system to 500 concurrent users and have tried adjusting the settings for better CPU utilization on the web server with no luck.

I am reading all the Tuning .NET Application Performance (pattern & practices) chapters on this subject.

I am running Windows 2003 x64 OS on all 3 servers. With .Net 1.1 being x32 is that a problem? I am using the /3GB switch.

I ran test using 3 VS's(Virtual Servers) on the web server with 1 site each and was able to push to around 600 users before I started to see the delays so I know my app and db can handle the load.

Can I config my web server to perform like it does using VS's? I really want to see how much I can push this server using IIS.

Thanks,

Paul

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:17 PM

All replies