none
Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2008 final or beta? RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance (x86 and x64) - CD (English) in subscriber download (now disappeared from the new UI layout)

In Relnotes6.htm, it mentioned:

<<Quote>>

Unicode characters are not displayed in some circumstances

If a user deletes a file that has Unicode characters in its file name and tries to restore the file using the File Restore tool, the file will not be found. This only occurs when using characters from a language other than the language of the Vista DVD used to create the DaRT ERD CD.

This is a known issue that will be resolved in the final release.

<<Unquote>>

So the MDOP in the MSDN subscriber download is not a final release of MDOP?????   Is it the reason for the the file being pulled off from the subscriber download?

Thanks...

Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• It was visible late Friday/early Saturday. It got caught in our short data freeze for migration. Sorry for the confusion.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:06 AM
  • Hi Julie,

Thanks for the news.  Yes, MDOP 2008 is back.  I saw it last Saturday under the heading MDOP 2007.   I downloaded it again but it is the same as the previous one posted on 04 Apr 08.   The Release notes is still dated Jan 08 and still mention the unicode character in the DaRT ERD CD is a known issue and will be resolved in the final release.   Can someone please confirm if this MDOP2008 is the final MDOP or still the beta MDOP?   BTW, the installer of the DaRT 6.0 is dated 29 Jan 2008.   So I doubt whether this MDOP 2008 is a beta release.    If it is still a beta release, please mark it as BETA.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:05 PM
  • HI Firewall -

I actually missed the question about whether what is posted on Subscriber Downloads is the final or beta. My expectation is that it is final, because we do typically mark items as beta if they are such.

In any case, I have forwarded the question along to th team that coordinates with the Product Group to actually receive and post the bits. They should be able to confirm and validate what we have.

I'll post back when I hear back from them.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:19 PM
  • is the MDOP 2008 available also for Technet Plus?
    It was downloadable a couple of weeks ago and now it is greyed out?
    Monday, April 28, 2008 10:58 PM
  • Yes it is available for TechNet Subscribers as well. See: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/details/default.aspx?pm=p:178%7CLk:t, and I believe you will see 2 files available to you.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:00 AM
  • yes it was greyed out for ahwile not it is back,

so far cant say i am a big fan of the new silverlight look not quite used to browsing around with it

thanks for the help

Saturday, May 3, 2008 4:27 PM