Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot uninstall silverlight  I keep getting a Windows Installer Error saying Error opening installation log file.  Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable.

I am trying to access Netflix and it keeps saying that I need to install this program.  It had already been installed.....So I looked under the help section and it said to uninstall it and reinstall it again.  I did this!  Now this is what I am left with.....Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:15 PM

Answers

• 1.Try to uninstall silverlight from control panel or

2. uninstall using CCleaner and then clean your registry with it.

try to install again, if not able to then the last solution is format your hard drive.

Thanks & Regards
    Syed Amjad Sr. Silverlight/WPF Developer,
    yahoo : syedamjad6736@yahoo.com, skype : syedamjad.0786.
    Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description:Error opening installation log file”, it seems that the Silverlight installed files are corrupted and it is suggested to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight according to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523/en-us?sd=rss

Regards

Yunjie Pei
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• 1.Try to uninstall silverlight from control panel or

2. uninstall using CCleaner and then clean your registry with it.

try to install again, if not able to then the last solution is format your hard drive.

Thanks & Regards
    Syed Amjad Sr. Silverlight/WPF Developer,
    yahoo : syedamjad6736@yahoo.com, skype : syedamjad.0786.
    Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description:Error opening installation log file”, it seems that the Silverlight installed files are corrupted and it is suggested to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight according to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523/en-us?sd=rss

Regards

Yunjie Pei
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:39 AM