none
Visual Studio 2010 VB / ADO.NET Connection Problem & Pervasive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Can somebody please assist me?

I'm trying to connect to my Pervasive v11 SP1 database to my VB.NET application using ADO.NET (or that is what I would like to do!)

I can see and read data perfectly from Server Explorer and can see the provider name "ADO.NET Pervasive PSQL Provider"

In my application I can connect to my SQL Express database using the following syntax:

myConnection = New SqlConnection("server=localhost;uid=123;password=123;database=Mike")

This works perfectly!

My question is what is the connection string syntax to now tell it the new Pervasive provider name ?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

• Moved by Andrew.Wu Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:55 AM (From:Visual Studio Database Development Tools (Formerly "Database Edition Forum"))
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• The reason for this exception could be that you're running the app 64-bit and the provider is 32-bit. If you are running 64-bit Windows make certaint to set the Platform option to x86 (Build...Configuration Manager) so that the application compiles and runs 32-bit. This would be a requirement when using the OLEDB Provider.

If you are using the Pervasive .NET Provider then it will have to be installed on your system. It does not come with Visual Studio.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:20 PM

All replies