Discover test: The request has taken more than 10 seconds to respond, aborting it. RRS feed

• Question

• After building, I display the Test Explorer window, and the little green progress bar at the top of the window is active for a few seconds.  I then get the following in my output window (for Tests):

The request has taken more than 10 seconds to respond, aborting it.
    Unable to determine the provider name for connection of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'.
    ========== Discover test finished: 436 found (0:00:35.3540221) ==========

Nothing appears in the Test Explorer window at all.  

Is there a way to increase that 10 second window?   Any thoughts on how to get the unit tests to display?

Thanks!

Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I did not find a way to increase the ’10 seconds’ temporarily. Let’s narrow down this issue first.

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? VS2012 or VS2013?

In order to load tests in Test Explorer, we need open the Test Explorer window first before we build the project. Please try it.

If the same error still will occur, could you describe your scenario in details? Are you doing Visual Studio unit tests rather than a third-party test type such as Xunit tests? If you build one project once instead of build the bid solution once, whether unit tests can display in Test Explorer successfully?

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:21 AM