[UWP]Anyway to speed up XAML designer? RRS feed

• General discussion

• My computer has a E3 1230-v2 CPU (with quad-core/8 HT) and the system disk is SSD. I installed Visual Studio 2017 on the system disk to speed up everything.

I am very happy with the overall performance, except one thing - the XAML designer. It is very slow during loading and editing. For example, loading a newly created empty page takes several seconds or more; editing is also slow especially when I have Design and XAML views both open; and the worst thing is that I had several incidents that said something about the remote hosting process crashed before the loading view lasted several minutes.

Are there any ways to improve this situation?

Ignorance is blissful

• Edited by Neo the 1 Sunday, July 16, 2017 11:22 AM
    • Changed type Neo the 1 Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:21 AM
    Sunday, July 16, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Neo,

Welcome.

May I ask if you are using the latest update of VS2017 ?

As similar issue has been reported before, and later update has fixed it. You may check and update it by opening Visual Studio Installer. And mine which is the latest one shown below:

Best regards,

Fletcher  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:26 AM
  • I have the latest version. But it is slow since I installed the first public release. It's not related to a specific update.

Ignorance is blissful

Monday, July 17, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Neo,

Sorry to hear that.

Please try to delete the .suo file under the solution folder to see if the loading could faster.

As a workaround, you could right-click the .xaml file and open with Source code editor, set as default. After, we could just skip the design loading part every time we open it. Hope this could offer you a little help.

Have a good day.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:13 AM