none
Cannot find option to create file storage

Question

• I have created a Premium file storage resource, but after that there is no option to create a share, only blob containers.  I do not see the Azure menu options that the videos and documentation show.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:41 PM

All replies

• Premium storage accounts only support page blobs.

You need to create a Standard storage account if you want to create file shares

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:43 PM
  • Thank you!  How does one get high performance online file storage then?  Larry
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:49 PM
  • You could potentially provision a VM with virtual disks hosted in a Premium Storage account and configure it as a file server. Obviously this is a different approach which involves VM maintenance and does not automatically expose a public endpoint

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Thanks!  your reply to my original question worked.  Any idea why the same "net use P:  \\..." command would work on some PCs but fail on another with error 53?  Larry
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:23 PM
  • likely the networking (e.g. NSG or firewall blocking 445 somewhere along the way) or name resolution issues

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:29 PM
  • Thanks!  your reply to my original question worked.  Any idea why the same "net use P:  \\..." command would work on some PCs but fail on another with error 53?  Larry

Is that from an azure VM or on prem VM? If on prem, make sure your OS supports SMB 3 . Ie windows 8 or server 2012.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:02 PM