none
How to autorun Office 365 add-in RRS feed

• Question

• How can I automatically run Office 365 Outlook add-in? 

I have managed to create a add-in and it appears into Outlook nicely, however user needs to execute add-in manually by clicking the Add-in name. I would like to execute my Add-in automatically when user reads email.

I have posted this question also in stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32906599/how-to-autorun-office-365-outlook-add-in

Monday, October 5, 2015 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi PauO,

The Mail add-in would show the tab in the add-in bar when it activate in the read model. You can get more detail about activate mail add-ins from link below:
    Activate mail add-ins in Outlook clients

If you have any feedback about Office add-ins, you can try to submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:14 AM
  • Hi PanuO,

>>It seems that I cannot run add-in without user interaction.<<

Yes, mail add-in doesn't support this feature at present version.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi PauO,

The Mail add-in would show the tab in the add-in bar when it activate in the read model. You can get more detail about activate mail add-ins from link below:
    Activate mail add-ins in Outlook clients

If you have any feedback about Office add-ins, you can try to submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:14 AM
  • It seems that I cannot run add-in without user interaction. I will post a feature request about it.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:00 AM
  • Hi PanuO,

>>It seems that I cannot run add-in without user interaction.<<

Yes, mail add-in doesn't support this feature at present version.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:04 AM