Microsoft Windows Network missing subnets on our domain RRS feed

• Question

• We have a 7 subnet wan that has 3 missing subnets when we browse the domain through Network Places.  The netbios is correctly set on the pc's.  Oddest thing about this is that yesterday one of the subnets showed itself and then this morning was gone again.  I know i am missing something but just can figure it out.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:47 PM

All replies

• We have a 7 subnet wan that has 3 missing subnets when we browse the domain through Network Places.  The netbios is correctly set on the pc's.  Oddest thing about this is that yesterday one of the subnets showed itself and then this morning was gone again.  I know i am missing something but just can figure it out.
    I am continuing to search out the port that maybe blocking this on our AdTran routers...if anyone thinks this could issue could be resolved anywhere else besides the router config please let me know.  Our isp/network provider has us config'd with VLAN vpn tunnels and its my understanding i need to request some specific setups to allow the netbios to communicate
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 4:13 PM
  • I would think a blocking router makes the most sesne.  You could run a trace on the local and remote subnet, wait for a netbios response and verify it doesn't make it across.  Also a long running trace would tell you if the netbios traffic is ever making it to the subnet in question. 
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

Check that the port 137 is open in those segments. (http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers) to allow traffic.

Alfredo Arizaleta

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:25 AM