none
How to insert,edit,delete data from ms access database via vb.net RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone,

i am developing a project in which i want to insert,edit,delete personal information of patients to access database from my vb program. i am using no of textboxes to fill the information for example:- Name,age...etc..

So please help me in doing this. I shall be very thankful..

Vinod Chauhan

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:03 AM

All replies

• You started a general discussion... did you mean to ask a question?  If so you can use the Change type link at the top of the thread to switch to a question.

That said, did you search the forums or look at the ADO.Net documentation?  This sounds like a very common, standard requirement which has been covered many, many times already.

You must start the work yourself and then you can post back with questions about specific problems you may encounter.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:07 AM
  • Hello,

The following MSDN code sample performs all add/edit/delete operations from a base data class while the user interface is a mix of DataGridView and textboxes and combo boxes. You don't need to use a DataGridView yet this is path many follow as it's easy to see records.

Under the covers there is a framework for dealing with any runtime exceptions.

Now there are other ways to do the same operations that at first glance may appear easier but as a project becomes more complex those easier methods become complicated. The methods in the code sample once you study them you will notice a pattern to follow which makes it easy to create your own for your specific database.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:10 AM
  • The below link contains a simple tutorial that should get you started:

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/nets12p1.html

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:17 PM
  • Hi Vinod,

The following link about Insert, Update, Delete & Search Values in MS Access, you can take a look:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/26801/Insert-Update-Delete-Search-Values-in-MS-Access

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 4, 2018 5:39 AM