SharePoint 2013 Migrating SharePoint Server from one domain to another RRS feed

• Question

• any suggestion for this , 

i can only found older post, thx for you suggestion

Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:50 AM

Answers

• Dear yyycx

I did this domain change few weeks back and following link was really helped me.

Sushant's Blog 

Even it is related to SharePoint 2010 most of the points still valid for SharePoint 2013. Thanks a lot Sushant :)

As Very First Thing Document all your environment details properly before you do any modification. 

• SharePoint Services
    • Service Accounts 
    • Managed Accounts
    • Windows Services with their identities
    • IIS App Pools with identities
    • SQL Server Logins with roles
    • Central Administrtion Details
    • Backup all your SharePoint Databases 

Windows Groups and accounts such as SharePoint Groups in Server

It will save your time and effort in case if you fail any stage you can double check with your document

One main thing you need to keep in mind is Keep a Administrator account for your SQL Server before you change the Domain Controller in your SQL Server (if you are going to move both SQL and SP servers in to new domain) 

I learn it in hardest way, I had to go for SQL Administrator and ask him to log in using SA account and add my new Domain Controller (DC) service accounts for SQL Server.

My environment was in UAT and I didn't want to migrate Much SharePoint Users in to new Domain Controler

Once you are done with your domain change and when SharePoint up and running with new Domain, you may need to reconfigure some of the service accounts (delete and configure as new Services)

I had to remove Search Service and User Profiles, and delete my SharePoint 2013 workflow configuration (Workflow Manager) and redo it. 

Workflow Manager is keeping FQDN of the server in registery keys 

Detail Steps can be found in here

hope this may help

Cheers 

Tharindu

• Proposed as answer by Tharindu-- Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by yyycx Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:02 AM
    • Edited by Tharindu-- Friday, January 23, 2015 1:18 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:55 AM