Sending an email when a field is set to a value for the second time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using SharePoint 2007.

I created a workflow using SharePoint Designer 2007. It sends an email only when the status of an item in a list is changed to "Completed". I used a hidden column called "EmailSent" to keep the workflow from looping. When the email is sent, the "EmailSent" field is set to "Yes" and no future emails are sent.

However, I do want another email to be sent when the status of an item is changed from "Completed" to another value such as "Reopenend", then back to "Completed" again. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:15 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You could have the workflow change the value of EmailSent to no when the status is set to reopened, then the remainder of your workflow flow should work as you have it designed.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    • Marked as answer by Amatullah Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:07 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You could have the workflow change the value of EmailSent to no when the status is set to reopened, then the remainder of your workflow flow should work as you have it designed.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    • Marked as answer by Amatullah Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:07 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 1:43 AM
  • Thanks Tom.

That worked perfectly.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:08 PM