Access to missing headers, so that cvdump.exe can be compiled RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to compile cvdump.exe (from here: https://github.com/Microsoft/microsoft-pdb) but there are at least the files listed below that are missing.  I am wondering if these are not published on github due to some licensing/legal issues that might not apply when a customer has a business relationship with Microsoft.  Would it be possible for us to get access to the files required to build cvdump.exe?

• verstamp.h 
    • version.h 
    • vcver.h
    • cvexefmt.h
    • _winnt2.h
    •  ecoff.h
    •  safestk.h
    •  map_t.h

Thanks!

Thursday, December 8, 2016 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Rennie,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is more relates to the development issue of C++. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I will help you move it to this forum: Visual Studio Languages  >  Visual C++  for dedicated information, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:09 AM
  • Hi Rennie Allen,

thanks for posting here.

According to the description of microsoft-pdb, this code WILL NOT currently build. There is a cvdump.exe till the repo is completed. pdb.h is in the langapi folder. There seems already has one posted on April 2012 in its issues forum.

For this case, I suggest you connect to Microsoft and post an issue on it.

Hope this could be help of you.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 6:01 AM
  • Sera,

Thanks for moving my post to the correct forum, and for the reply.

Do you suggest that I file this as a bug under connect?

I couldn't see a connect forum that was "source code requests" or something similar.

Rennie

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:07 PM
  • Hi Rennie Allen,

I mean this code couldn't be compiled as it said in its document. And it has its own issue forum but there already has one posted same issue as yours. So I suggest you post on this issue forum or connect to Microsoft, maybe they could help got when or how to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Friday, December 16, 2016 6:33 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Sara,

I could not find where you moved this question to.  In the Visual Studio Languages > Visual C++ forum, I searched for this topic and only found this page, i.e., the Windows Desktop Development forum.

So that leaves the original issue unanswered and nowhere else I could find the issue being raised.

Also, the issue is actually with the content of the project github.com/Microsoft/microsoft-pdb.  It should be brought to the attention of whomever is maintaining that project.  It really is not an issue with C++.

The github page does have an issue posted about all the missing files, but there has been no response to it.

Michael

Sunday, September 24, 2017 9:16 PM