Config Error RRS feed

• Question

• User-506397890 posted

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my aspx site... If I type in my URL, this screen comes up:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly '' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Source Error:

Line 57:                 <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 58:                 <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 59:                 <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 60:                 <add assembly="System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL"/>
    Line 61:                 <add assembly="System.IdentityModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL"/>

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config    Line: 59

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly '' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

What must I do to fix this? 

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:55 AM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

Remove line 59

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:00 AM
  • User1607087669 posted

Line 59:                 <add assembly="*"/>

just remove or comment this line

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:06 AM
  • User-2082479761 posted

Hi,

In generall, the default web site has no web.config file in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot directory, you might execute some operations for it and this will result in generating one web.config file automatically. Please check whether this web.config has any error.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:12 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

Remove line 59

I have Removed that line. It is not there anymore, but it still shows that message. 

Why is it showing a web.config file that is in my C:/ Drive? shouldnt it use the internet only?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:34 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

Hi,

In generall, the default web site has no web.config file in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot directory, you might execute some operations for it and this will result in generating one web.config file automatically. Please check whether this web.config has any error.

What operations must I execute?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:35 AM
  • User-1360095595 posted

I checked the web.config in that location (the machine level web.config) and I do have that line. So I don't think that's the problem.

Maybe change the registry key and see if the "...assembly bind failure logging" will provide more information. I don't know.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:41 AM
  • User-249562968 posted

Hi

I keep getting this error regularly,
    what i do is .. rebuild the project and its dependencies i.e other related projects linked to the main project
    and then restart IIS .
    this error disappears.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:46 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

Hi

I keep getting this error regularly,
    what i do is .. rebuild the project and its dependencies i.e other related projects linked to the main project
    and then restart IIS .
    this error disappears.

Thanks

How do I restart IIS? 

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:01 AM
  • User1275456589 posted

Which version of dotnet framework you are using? If it is 4.0 then change the app pool framework.

And for resetting the IIS Type iisreset in cmd window

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:30 AM
  • User-249562968 posted

Hi there

Just type

iisreset to restart IIS

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:42 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

I've tried resetting it, I've tried setting the .net version to 4.0 but that error still comes up..

What should i do?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:59 AM
  • User-249562968 posted

Hi

Did you rebuild your project

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:30 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

Yes I did. Do I just go to Build -> Rebuild Solution/selection and then its done?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:10 AM
  • User-249562968 posted

ya thats it .. you have rebuild all the solutions linked to the main project

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:53 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

ya thats it .. you have rebuild all the solutions linked to the main project

I have rebuilded it, but it still shows the error...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:47 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

MafiaMan22

I have rebuilded it, but it still shows the error...

You receive error when you rebuild project right?

I don't think you can complete rebuild when there is configuration error in config file.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:20 AM
  • User-1438792522 posted

double click on application pool and then will you change the .Net Framework Version

or

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12131850/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-this-assembly-is-built-by-a-runtime-newer-than

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:24 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

double click on application pool and then will you change the .Net Framework Version

or

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12131850/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-this-assembly-is-built-by-a-runtime-newer-than

Where do i Get the applicationpool? and I cannot connect to the website's IIS server... Won't allow me to connect...

Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:00 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi MafiaMan

Where do i Get the applicationpool? and I cannot connect to the website's IIS server... Won't allow me to connect...

If you aren't the IIS server administrator, you should contact IIS server administrator first, and enable remote management in IIS for you,

At the same time you can follow these steps to change your application pool,

Open IIS Manager.

• In the Connections pane, expand the server node and click Application Pools.

• On the Application Pools page, select the application pool that contains the application that you want to change.

• In the Actions pane, click View Applications.

• Select the application whose application pool you want to change and then click Change Application Pool in the Actions pane.

• In the Select Application Pool dialog box, select an application pool from the Application pool list and then click OK.

Regards

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:20 PM
  • User-506397890 posted

Hi MafiaMan

MafiaMan22

If you aren't the IIS server administrator, you should contact IIS server administrator first, and enable remote management in IIS for you,

At the same time you can follow these steps to change your application pool,

Open IIS Manager.

• In the Connections pane, expand the server node and click Application Pools.

• On the Application Pools page, select the application pool that contains the application that you want to change.

• In the Actions pane, click View Applications.

• Select the application whose application pool you want to change and then click Change Application Pool in the Actions pane.

• In the Select Application Pool dialog box, select an application pool from the Application pool list and then click OK.

Regards

I do not have a Applications Pool under connections in my IIS...

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:01 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi MafiaMan

I do not have a Applications Pool under connections in my IIS...

As I mentioned above, if you aren't the IIS server administrator, you should contact IIS server administrator first, and enable remote management in IIS for you.

If you are the IIS administrator, I'm confused about this.

To view application pools

Open IIS Manager.

In the Connections pane, click Application Pools in the tree.

Here are some related reference to manage application pools: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753449(v=ws.10).aspx

hope it helps,

Regards

Monday, September 30, 2013 9:14 PM
  • User-506397890 posted
    Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I have remote access to my sites IIS server. In IIS Manager, should I connect to my site and the search for Applications Pool?
    If that is what I should do, the Applications Pool is still not under the Site's Server. Only the files like app_data, lib, etc is under it.
    Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:22 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Please take a look at configuring remote administration and feature delegation in IIS 7: http://www.iis.net/learn/manage/remote-administration/configuring-remote-administration-and-feature-delegation-in-iis-7

Regards

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:31 AM
  • User-506397890 posted

Hi,

Please take a look at configuring remote administration and feature delegation in IIS 7: http://www.iis.net/learn/manage/remote-administration/configuring-remote-administration-and-feature-delegation-in-iis-7

Regards

Hi,

Regards

The link only provides info for Windows Server and IIS. I'm running on Windows 7  Ultimate... 

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:27 AM