none
Lync, Exchange and a standard Website RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am in the process of planning to deploy Exchange and Lync along side a normal website

I currently have a server that will has Lync FE, Lync Edge, ADDS, Exchange and IIS Server (with SSL :443). The Exchange and Lync edge have separate "external"  NIC. I only have one external IP address and would like to host all three of these services inhouse.

Is there some way to use all these on one external IP Address. I do not know if it is possible to have a single port (443) pointed to multiple of the same port inside the network (443 on Exchange, Lync and IIS Servers).

Is there some sort of Microsoft program that will allow this to happen.

Also what DNS records will I have to add on my GoDaddy domain so that Lync and Exchange will work.

Sorry if this does not make sence.

Cheers in advance,

Ben

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:47 AM

Answers

• Hi BR Computing--I'll try to break things down to each question.

Is there some way to use all these on one external IP Address. I do not know if it is possible to have a single port (443) pointed to multiple of the same port inside the network (443 on Exchange, Lync and IIS Servers).

You can use a single IP address, however you will have to put each of the services on ports other than 443.  You cannot have multiple services bind to the same port.  That being said, you will need a second public IP if you deploy a reverse proxy as well as for your exchange server.  The reverse proxy will provide the following features:

• Enabling external users to download meeting content for your meetings.
    • Enabling external users to expand distribution groups.
    • Enabling remote users to download files from the Address Book service.
    • Accessing the Lync Web App client.
    • Accessing the Dial-in Conferencing Settings webpage.
    • Accessing the Location Information service.
    • Enabling external devices to connect to Device Update web service and obtain updates.
    • Enabling mobile applications to automatically discover mobility URLs from the Internet.

More info on that can be found here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/925713f9-2395-44f3-a55c-d3acacd2019b/single-public-ip-for-lync-edge-and-reverse-proxy?forum=ocsplanningdeployment

Is there some sort of Microsoft program that will allow this to happen.

This can be configured inside of the topology builder for Lync.  When you deploy your edge server, you can specify your NAT settings.

Also what DNS records will I have to add on my GoDaddy domain so that Lync and Exchange will work.

Here is a list of DNS entries that are typical in most lync deployments: http://jackstromberg.com/2013/06/lync-2013-dns-settings/

Hope this helps!

Jack

• Marked as answer by Ben Ringrose Friday, April 11, 2014 6:29 AM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:23 AM