set socket local enpoint

Question

• Hi everyone,

I am writing and application to send a message from a windows phone device to an ethernet-based CPU using C#

This CPU require an IP address and port on the windows phone device. How can we set a port for the Windows Phone device.

On the document, it only mentions the port and ip address of the remote device, the ethernet-based CPU.

Hope to get support from you.

Best regards

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vuthehuynh,

>This CPU require an IP address and port on the windows phone device. How can we set a port for the Windows Phone device.

Yes, there are two well-known ports: 7 and 17 on windows phone device. But unfortunately, they are working for Echo protocol and QOTD protocol. I think you need actual server running on your PC to handle the QOTD or ECHO services. You can find code sample on this page. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh202858(v=vs.105).aspx.

I don’t know much about ethernet-based CPU, but based on my knowledge, phone operation system is a restricted environment, you should check if the feature is supported by windows phone.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Dear Herro wong,

Thank a lot for your information. My phone can communicate with the computer using the "Simple tcp/ip" service on then computer. Similary, the ethernet-based CPU can make it too. However, this CPU require a port number on the phone for it to communicate with the phone. In this case, i think the "Simple tcp/ip" service and detect the port number sent by the CPU or the phone. Do you know what source that we can investigate more about this "Simple tcp/ip service" on the computer.

Best regards

Vu The Huynh

Saturday, August 9, 2014 1:16 AM
  • Hi Vuthehuynh,

> Do you know what source that we can investigate more about this "Simple tcp/ip service" on the computer.

I find an article about simple tcp/ip service, hope it is useful to you. See http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-7/Windows-7-Simple-TCPIP-Services-What-How.html. 

BTW, this topic is out of our support range. I think you should reopen thread on IT pro forum for effective response. Please refer to the following link. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w8itpronetworking.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:30 AM