none
Cant read event logs from event hub RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get all the activity and resource logs from my azure account and perform some actions based on them. I want them in real-time so regularly polling it with its API is not an option. I created a virtual machine whose logs I can see in activity log. I created a log profile and mapped appropriate event hub to it (form diagnostic settings) to send these events to. I followed the below link to read the logs from event hub in GO lang but I am not able to get the logs.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-go-get-started-send

Please let me know if I am missing anything or there is another better alternative of doing it.

Friday, February 14, 2020 5:02 AM

All replies

• Hello Vallabh Lakade and thank you for your question.  Are you receiving any error messages?

Which steps in the document have you completed?

The inability to get the logs really has two parts:

1. If there is an problem sending the events to the hub, you would not find any messages to pull, and you might think it is a reading problem.
    2. The events might be getting to the hub and the problem really is in the reader.

I have not used Go before, so I will follow the tutorial you referenced.  Thank you for this opportunity.

Friday, February 14, 2020 11:59 PM