none
NamedPipeClientStream How to repair a Broken Pipe. RRS feed

• Question

• If I Disconnect and Close the NamedPipeServerStream while the NamedPipeClientStream is running, the Client will report a broken pipe. That's OK.

But If I restart the Server app and then restart the Client app, the Client connects to the Server but then reports a broken pipe even though the Server was re-Constructed and Started.

How do you repair a Named Pipe connection after it has been broken so that is can be restarted again?

BTW: The Pipe has a specific name, like "AABB" so that it can be found by the Client.

Sunday, April 22, 2018 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hello DonBaechtel,

>>If I Disconnect and Close the NamedPipeServerStream while the NamedPipeClientStream is running, the Client will report a broken pipe.

Did you try to use dispose method to released unmanaged resources and then reconnected?

NamedPipeServerStream.Dispose Method

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 23, 2018 7:18 AM