How to control an application on another computer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need write two applications. The first application one accepts users inputs that will be the parameters for the second application. After a user press OK button, the first application launches the second application that is on another computer. Also the first application needs pass the users' input to the second application as the parameters somehow.

Both computers running on windows system. and I use visual studio 2012.

Thank you.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 6:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• What type of application is it, windows or web, do you mean something like client and server application ex: chat application or what.

let us know your requirement in detail.

launching an application between 2 different systems...........

Thanks & Regards
    Syed Amjad Sr. Silverlight/WPF Developer,
    yahoo : syedamjad6736@yahoo.com, skype : syedamjad.0786.
    Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your help.

The applications are windows applications. It is not a client and server or chat. The second application just generates some text or numbers, but it has to get parameters from the first application to know what text or number to generated and so on. Also starting the second application is controlled by the first application. So a user select some values in the first application and click a OK button will start the secoond application and the second application gets the parameter values that user set in the first application and generates text and/or numbers.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:28 PM
  • My project on CodeProject.com might do what you need. It handles .NET console apps and can also run most native command line applications on the remote system.

Here is the link:

Running Any Command Line exe Remotely Using the Process Class

Dan Randolph - My Code Samples List

• Marked as answer by peter 9 Monday, July 8, 2013 11:49 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:44 PM
    • Edited by Subodh Patil Friday, July 5, 2013 3:33 AM text addtion
    • Marked as answer by peter 9 Monday, July 8, 2013 11:49 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 3:32 AM