none
Application settings error RRS feed

• Question

• WordAddIn.Properties.Settings.Properties.Settings' does not contain a definition for 'CertificatePath' and no extension method 'CertificatePath' accepting a first argument of type 'WordAddIn.Properties.Settings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  

i can not understand and rectify this error . sumbody help me for this.

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't think we need to define schema in this scenario. Can you tell me how you define 'CertificatePath' ?  This task could be complete by these steps:

1. Open project property page, Settings tab
    2. Define variables as you need.

In Word addin ThisAddIn_Startup method, we can use it like this:

private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.StatusBar = Properties.Settings.Default.CertificatePath;
            }

Please let me know if this fit your needs, I'll try my best to assistant.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, December 26, 2011 12:20 PM

All replies

• Warning    2    The global element 'configuration' has already been declared.   

i am getting this warning even after generated and added schema file. what is the solution.can anyone help

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:43 PM
  • You need to provide more information about the context where this is happening.

Is this a VSTO add-in or a Shared Add-in?

Which version of Office?

Under what circumstances are you seeing this?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:04 AM
  • this is a VSTO addin and for office 2007 . I want to develop an addin for word 2007.. i want to make some settings initially like key size for encryption.I provided that in an app.config. file .. Then it generated schema not defined message..So i created schema and added the schema to the property also ..It removed all messages like "Schema not defined" but it comes up with the warning "The global element 'configuration' has already been declared." I donot know what to do.. somebody clarify that for me .
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Thank you for the clarification. I'm going to move this message to the VSTO forum, where you'll find people who specialize in VSTO app distribution.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you read through the information posted at the top of the forum about deploying VSTO applications. That might give you some clues. Since this is a religious holiday weekend in many places (including Microsoft headquarters) it will probably be next week before you can expect a response.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/1666d2b0-a4d0-41e8-ad86-5eab3542de1e

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think we need to define schema in this scenario. Can you tell me how you define 'CertificatePath' ?  This task could be complete by these steps:

1. Open project property page, Settings tab
    2. Define variables as you need.

In Word addin ThisAddIn_Startup method, we can use it like this:

private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.StatusBar = Properties.Settings.Default.CertificatePath;
            }

Please let me know if this fit your needs, I'll try my best to assistant.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, December 26, 2011 12:20 PM
  • thanks a lot sir..I cleared my error.. It really helps me
    Monday, December 26, 2011 5:15 PM