none
adapters error handling and the event log RRS feed

• Question

• I have code that I inherited and don't completely understand but I need to solve a problem
    On my receive location I have a WCF_CustomIsolated Adapter. On the binding tab the maxReceiveMessageSize is set to 65536.

We I receive a message greater than 65536 the message fails but no error message is recorded anywhere. I want to see some kind of message in the event log preferably. As off right now the system sending the message receives no error message that there was a problem. How do I know that the message was refused. I need to capture this failure. Again I would prefer to see something in the even log.

I don't want to increase my maxReceiveMessageSize value. I do want to limit the size so that is not the problem I am trying to solve.

All thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated. All thoughts in the simplest description will be even more appreciated as I am fairly new to BT.

Thank you in advance.

tn-oneford
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Answers

• It sounds like a BizTalk orchestration was published as a WCF service and you are expecting to receive the message into BizTalk for processing.

It seems odd the message sender is not receiving a WCF error indicating the overflow.  Perhaps there is some other problem prior to the request hitting the WCF service. You will need to enable WCF tracing as given in the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185303(BTS.10).aspx.

Using a tool like Fiddler to test the requests is also helpful because then you can see all of what is being sent and do other diagnostics.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:47 AM