none
How to refresh xxxDataSet.xsd after database structure changed? RRS feed

• Question

• I created the xxxDataSet after dropping the tables from Server Explorer to the XSD in vs2012.

After that, I added new columns to tables and added new tables and foreigh keys etc.

Can I refresh the Dataset.xsd file (and correponding class, xx) so the new changes with the database is reflected automatically?

My current practice is removing the changed tables and add them back to the xsd.

Thanks.

Monday, July 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

>>Can I refresh the Dataset.xsd file (and correponding class, xx) so the new changes with the database is reflected automatically?

It doesn't have this capability. You need to do it as what you have done: delete changed table in XSD and drop them back from database.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Leon,

I am moving your thread into the ADO.NET DataSet Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:23 AM
  • Hello,

>>Can I refresh the Dataset.xsd file (and correponding class, xx) so the new changes with the database is reflected automatically?

It doesn't have this capability. You need to do it as what you have done: delete changed table in XSD and drop them back from database.

Regards.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:57 AM
  • Thanks. In this case, my changes with tableAdapter are lost and have to recreate them. 
    Monday, July 28, 2014 7:11 AM
  • Yea that is why is written not to change them and that is really important in this situation.

Try next time to create (if it fits) a partial class

This is not an answer to the question, just an addition so please don't mark it like that.

Success
    Cor

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:47 AM