none
how to process file one by one RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Geeks,

1) I received flat files in bulk in biz-talk to process

2) BizTalk process is doing entry with file metadata information(fileDate ,fileSize, recordsNo and etc) and a unique-key fetched from other table.

3) after 2nd step process insert file records in other table.

so in biztalk all the files pickups at same time and fetch same max Ftp_Key .

my query is how can i process one by one file even biztalk In folder has bulk files so that all the files have different ftp_Key.

If there is any other heck than MSMQ please answer.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:33 PM

All replies

• Convert FF to XML and debatch

Eg debatching i BizTalk
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/26005.biztalk-server-debatch-xml-with-envelope.aspx

/Peter

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Implement Sequential Convoy in Orchestration.

The first message should intialized the correlation set and rest of the messages will follow the correlation

in the loop you have to receive one by one message and process it .

• Proposed as answer by Rasmus Jaeger Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:50 AM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:07 PM
  • Can you explain the process in a bit detail?? what significance does the ftp_key has here?

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:29 AM
  • I tried with sequential convoy already , in that my first message processed but rest of the message in queue are suspended .

am getting below message :-

"The instance completed without consuming all of its messages. The instance and its unconsumed messages have been suspended."

i set the timing in delay shape 10 minutes but i don't know why am getting this zombie error message.

assist me if this can be done with sequential convoy.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:59 AM
  • There could be something missing in the conditions within your sequential orch. Your orch is getting completed after first message. Can you explain your orch flow..

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Mandar,

these are edi 837 files and we are creating cms from that data so for our internal purpose we are storing files with ftp_Key / Unique key .

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:32 AM
  • flow

my flow snap is above .

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:45 AM
  • where is the delay included?

Try refreing few links

http://www.biztalknet.com/biztalk/sequential-and-parallel-convoy-in-biztalk/

http://shabbirhussain99.blogspot.nl/2013/04/sequential-convoy-messaging-pattern.html

This is a simple biztalk scenario to achive.

Are you sure your loop conditions are good ?

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Now it's working after adding msgType in correlation properties ,.

My receive msg is a untyped msg (XMlDocument) so it was consuming TA1 & 997 ack when i drop edi files in receive location.

But now i have 3 separate orchestration instance  

1st one is actual message instance.

2nd one is for all TA1 message instance.

3rd one is for all 997 message instance.

so can you suggest me how can i restrict these 2 ack to generate.

I already uncheck these two ack in party setup but am getting these ack.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:56 AM
  • Hi Anurag

So TA1 would get generated even if you have turned it off, if ISA14 is set to 1 in the input file.

What you can do is add additional filters in your odx for messagetype, ie

MessageType != TA1

AND

MessageType!=997

To handle these TA1 and 997 messages, create a local FILE SendPort with a filter that subscribes to these messages. You can write a custom pipeline component that just consumes these messages, i.e., returns null from the Execute() method

Refer-

http://geekswithblogs.net/bosuch/archive/2010/12/01/biztalk---stopping-ta1-generation-in-edi-applications.aspx

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:22 AM
  • these are edi 837 files and we are creating cms from that data so for our internal purpose we are storing files with ftp_Key / Unique key .

Can you explain a bit about why you think you need to do this?  Claims don't have any interdependencies and, biggies issue, you should absolutely not be relying an anything like a ftp_Key.  FTP is simply not reliable enough for this scenario.  You will have problems...well, seems you already are :(.

If you describe the what the business is asking for, we can definitely, 100%, provide much better advice.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:32 AM