none
Have Azure Active Directory, but cannot add AD Authentication to Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Noob question:

We've setup an Azure account using the same .onmicrosoft domain as our O365. On the left pane I can see "Azure Active Directory", and in it are all our users from O365.

When I create a storage account and try to enable "Azure Active Directory authentication for Azure Files", I get the following error: "Failed to update storage account '[account name]'. Error: Unable to locate active AAD DS for AAD tenant Id [id number] associated with the storage account." (edited to remove actual account name and id).

I'm sure this is simple but just need a push in the right direction.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Answers

• Ah yes.  Two different things here :-)  Did you get past the storage account error then?

Yes...and no. Two new things cropped up: one is that Azure AD Directory Services will add notable cost (relative to the small project I'm prototyping), not to mention a virtual network is then required (more $), but its all somewhat point moot when I realized that there is no user-level authentication or file/folder permissions support for on-premise desktop PCs. :(
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:08 AM

All replies