Automatically deleting entities that no longer exist in database RRS feed

• Question

• Just started using entity so thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions.  I'm attempting to "Update Model From Database"  after deleting several fields in the database.  However I get the error "property '__' is not mapped" for all the fields I have deleted from the database.  Is there a way to automatically remove the entities whose fields no longer exist in the database?  I thought the "delete" tab was supposed to do this but nothing shows up.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:29 PM

Answers

• On 6/5/2013 12:29 PM, Jediabiwan wrote:

Just started using entity so thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions.  I'm attempting to "Update Model From Database"  after deleting several fields in the database.  However I get the error "property '__' is not mapped" for all the fields I have deleted from the database.  Is there a way to automatically remove the entities whose fields no longer exist in the database?  I thought the "delete" tab was supposed to do this but nothing shows up.

If you delete the columns from a database table that a model is pointing too, then you must update the model to reflect those changes. You do that by right-clicking on the model in an open area and choose "Update". After the update, then you choose "Verify" that determines if the mapping is correct between the virtual model and the database. If the "Verify"fails, then something is wrong with what you did. If it is wrong not verified, then you should not save the solution, and start over again.

• Marked as answer by Chester Hong Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:20 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:53 PM