Live.com > Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I upgraded my live.com email address to outlook.com but if I logon to the Windows Phone Marketplace my Application is not longer visible nor is my developer license which I paid on my live.com address connected to my upgraded account. I have a new version of my Windows Phone application that I want to upload. Did anyone have this problem before? How do I fix this?

kind regards,

Edwin

Friday, December 7, 2012 5:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ken,

Thanks Ken but that's not the problem I have. I have no issue with my apps on my current Windows Phone, I resetted my phone and just bought the few apps I needed again.

The issue here is that I am a developer and my current app is deployed to the Developer Center to Phone Store (dev windowsphone com) based on my Live.com account. Considering I upgraded my live.com to outlook.com I thought logging on to dev.windowsphone.com would allow me to access my own app. But that I cannot. But also I cannot logon to my live.com account anymore. So I no longer have access to my own Windows Phone application on the dev center. I want to update my app, which I cannot do right now. This is an issue I think Microsoft needs to fix for me by reconnecting my live.com dev environment to outlook.com. I hope someone from Microsoft support can help me out with this. You are MVP maybe you can do a good word for me :-) If there is a workaround that's also fine. I can remove my live.com alias and then after 3 days create that account again, then I can logon. But I am afraid then I really lost the connection to my own app on the dev center.

Thanks for your response in advance.

kind regards,

Edwin Jongsma

• Edited by Dionyzoz Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:58 PM
    Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:57 PM
  • I will send an email to see if you can change your microsoft account for your phone developer account but as far as I know this is not possible.  You might have to roll back the email address to your hotmail account. 
    Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Thanks looking forward to your response.
    Monday, December 10, 2012 8:41 AM
  • I think the best solution is BEFORE to switch, create an alias in the  Outlook domain for your username, in order to preserve the ID.

Change the access id for your DEV account usingthe new account (with Outlook)

When all the change are operative, do the switch.

Regards

Marco

MCTS Windows Mobile 6.5

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi Marco,

Thanks... if ever I would have known that before. It's too late now, I can't go back in time :-) I hope Microsoft can help me fix this.

regards, Edwin

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Here is what I got from Microsoft

Changing one’s MSA (Microsoft Account) is always a risky bet vis-à-vis Dev Center.  The developer should submit a support request at  https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/support?logged_in=1.

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:25 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:33 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ken, I just filed a support request.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Hi Ken,

An update considering my mail upgrade issue related to my windows phone app. I submitted a support request. Got a response in 2 days requesting me to do something irrelevant. I did that and responded that that did not yield results. I waited another 4 days and with apologies I got the response it was not possible to change my live ID. But that was not my question :-) My question was please transfer my app from one live ID to another. So this is what I responded and here I am waiting again. This is my support ID: SRX1190181232ID. I think I will make another support request stating my question more specifically. I am afraid my old request has disappeared.

regards,

Edwin 

Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:17 PM
  • I would try again explaining the issue better this time.  
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:50 PM