none
Outlook Reminder Window Focus RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I've been playing with the library in .NET and trying to review the MSDN help files for the iterop.  I've found the Application.Reminders section and have debugged it, but it's really overwhelming.  I seen examples on how to add reminders, appointments, etc.  But what I'm trying to do is manipulate the Reminder window itself.  Specifically when to bring it into focus and when not to. Can anyone point me in the right direction through these libraries or if it's possible through the interop libraries?

Monday, November 7, 2016 5:04 PM

Answers

• hello Will,

The Outlook object model doesn't provide anything for that. You can use Windows API functions for bringing windows to the foreground. For example, take a look at the SetForegroundWindow function which brings the thread that created the specified window into the foreground and activates the window. Keyboard input is directed to the window, and various visual cues are changed for the user. The system assigns a slightly higher priority to the thread that created the foreground window than it does to other threads.

Also you may consider creating your own windows for reminders in Outlook. A regular windows form is a way to go.

[custom.development]

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by WillHart Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:50 PM
    Monday, November 7, 2016 11:50 PM

All replies

• hello Will,

The Outlook object model doesn't provide anything for that. You can use Windows API functions for bringing windows to the foreground. For example, take a look at the SetForegroundWindow function which brings the thread that created the specified window into the foreground and activates the window. Keyboard input is directed to the window, and various visual cues are changed for the user. The system assigns a slightly higher priority to the thread that created the foreground window than it does to other threads.

Also you may consider creating your own windows for reminders in Outlook. A regular windows form is a way to go.

[custom.development]

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by WillHart Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:50 PM
    Monday, November 7, 2016 11:50 PM
  • Thanks Eugene, that answers my question. :)
    • Edited by WillHart Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:50 PM