Azure Data Factory monitor alerts/emails not firing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. 

I have tried to set-up monitor email alerts on my adfv2 pipelines.  One using failed pipeline runs metrics and one using succeeded pipeline runs metrics.  The alerts fire only for the first pipeline success, or the first pipeline failure.  I receive the email for the first success or the first failure.  And they appear in the monitor - alerts blade.

For any subsequent failures or successes there are no further email notifications.  Also these subsequent successes or failures do not appear in the monitor - alerts blade.

What exactly am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hello,

yes I am following these steps.  Which are petty straightforward.  I had opened a support ticket on the matter and Microsoft finally got back to me. There seems to be a technical issue behind the scenes and they are working on it.  So I just need to wait.  Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Helnem Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Can you please provide some more information about your setup ? Are you following these steps :

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/blog/create-alerts-to-proactively-monitor-your-data-factory-pipelines/

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Hello,

yes I am following these steps.  Which are petty straightforward.  I had opened a support ticket on the matter and Microsoft finally got back to me. There seems to be a technical issue behind the scenes and they are working on it.  So I just need to wait.  Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Helnem Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:25 PM
  • Thanks for sharing this information :)
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:14 AM
  • i have the same issue, added a alert rule to ADF v2 to alert on failed pipeline by metric, only get one alert fired, after that there is nothing got fired anymore for that alert, tried different combination of period and frequency, nothing works so far. 

and it is recent too, i was starting build alert since 2 days ago

• Edited by everytwo Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:56 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:56 PM