none
uninstall and reinstall of .net problem

Question

• I have a vs2015 professional project that I needed to reference a Matlab .net assembly.

Since the Matlab compiler only supports .net 4.0 I had to uninstall 4.5 4.6 and re install 4.0.

I did this and the Matlab project built fine. Then I installed 4.6.2 .net. 

Now my project won't load, and presumably other projects.

How do I revert to the framework settings or dlls that will load my project. When I first opened the project it said that it was a 4.0 property

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:15 PM

All replies

• Since the Matlab compiler only supports .net 4.0 I had to uninstall 4.5 4.6 and re install 4.0.

No that is not correct at all and all those frameworks can be on the machine concurrently with each one selectable based on the .NET Framework the application is using.

The message you are showing has nothing to do with your project and the version of the .NET Framework being used. You have some kind of user authentication problem, your authentication, in using Visual Team Services that VS is trying to access. Why you are trying to use Visual Studio Team Services if your machine is not part of a corporate domain that would be using such services is questionable.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vso-2/

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:52 AM
  • Hi MarkH2518,

Since your problem is more related to Visual Studio General Question, I will move it to Visual Studio General Questions Forum for support.

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:48 AM