Weird Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been having a very weird error lately:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled

Message=An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source=Tic-Tac-Toe Basic

StackTrace:

at Tic_Tac_Toe_Basic.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190

at Tic_Tac_Toe_Basic.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()

at Tic_Tac_Toe_Basic.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Tic-Tac-Toe Basic\Tic-Tac-Toe Basic\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)

at Tic_Tac_Toe_Basic.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

InnerException: System.NullReferenceException

Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source=Tic-Tac-Toe Basic

StackTrace:

at Tic_Tac_Toe_Basic.Form1..ctor() in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Tic-Tac-Toe Basic\Tic-Tac-Toe Basic\Form1.vb:line 10

InnerException: 

I have never had this error until today. I installed the offline version of C# and Web Developer yesterday and am using the online install of VB.NET 2010, but I doubt that matters. I thought that the reason of this error was because of an option I turned on in C# called "Edit and continue" or something close to that. So I turned that off and I still get this error trying to debug any application that I built before I installed C# and Web Developer. I can still build them ok, but I need to be able to debug. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution. Anyone who wrote the VB.net or the C# applications know of any conflicts?

Thanks, VisualBasic2010User

Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:13 PM

Answers

• Ok, i have solved this problem and for anyone else having this problem, Make Sure You Put a "New" identifier before a "Random" identifier

Ex:

Dim RND as Random ' NOT GOOD
    Dim RND as New Random ' GOOD

Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:58 PM