none
How to hide non applicable toolbox controls base on a specific project or item template?

Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to hide a user control that is loaded from a single dll to the VS toolbox base on the project template or item template (aspx)?

We have a group of controls in a single dll, but some controls are mobile for the web only others are desktop for the web only others are hybrids for the web (mobile and desktop). We would like to restricts our users to view/drop/use this controls base on the template that they are using. 

thanks,

Carlos

Monday, March 21, 2016 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Carlos,

As far as I know, the default VS would share the specific controls for the project type you create by default.

For example, if you create a web project, it would share you all web controls in the Toolbox window.

Of course, please don't enable "Show All" or you add new Items under "choose Items" with custom controls by yourself.

So for the real issue in your side, do you mean that you will get all controls even if your current project doesn't support them, if so, please disable "Show All" option, check it again.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 5:33 AM