none
Excel add-in or Dashboard template ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to produce some excel workbooks that contain several sheets.  Some of the sheets will have formulas, but none very complicated.  However, most of the sheets will display data that is grouped into at least 3 levels, possibly 4.

Currently Im generating each of these sheets via an Add-in but the individual rows/columns/formulas have to be generated in code.  The addin pulls data in from calls to a database.  It works, but im thinking if I want to get more sophisticated, it would be easier to pre-build a dashboard of some sort in Excel, then pull the data in, instead of doing everything in code.

Thoughts ?

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi shiftbit,

In my opinion, you can create some Excel templates, populate these templates with real data will be faster than creating the whole workbook. Put all the non-changable things like formulas, column headers into a workbook. Save it as template:

Save a workbook or worksheet as a template

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:17 AM