ASP.NET 2.0 Httpmodule for error handling RRS feed

• Question

• User849675699 posted

I hope someone can help me out here.
    In order to make it easier for my team to find exception occurring on the website, we implemented a HTTP Module that sends us an email on every exception, with a detailed report.

This works very nicely, but now with ASP.NET 2.0 we started working with the validated rather then compiled projects. This means that from time to time, sometimes due to a Microsoft bug, sometimes because we didn't upload all files, we get a compile error at run time. Even worse this sometimes only happens after a new application pool is running, meaning it is even more important to find this.

However, the problem is that this compilation error apparently doesn't get to the HTTP Module, so we get never notified if there is a problem.

Anyone any ideas how we can fix this?

Thanks,

Leo Muller

http://www.diamond-store.com

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 3:42 AM

All replies

• User390817712 posted

Use the aspnet_compiler to precompile the application - this will catch any runtime compilation problems you might have. I have an article on the tool here: Precompilation In ASP.NET 2.0.

You can also use Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects to automate the process.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 10:40 AM
  • User849675699 posted

That would be an option, but I am rather looking for a way in which I can continue to run with a non compiled application, but get notified if there is a compilation error.

Where can I catch this?

Leo

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 12:53 AM