(ASP .NET 1.1) System.ExcecutionEngineException in system.directoryservices.dll RRS feed

• Question

• User-1175958383 posted

Hello,

I've written a Windows Form based application to Fetch users / groups from the AD and use them to populate fields in a SQL Database. The system is working perfectly but keeps producing this error:

System.ExcecutionEngineException in system.directoryservices.dll

once it has finished the import. I'm running code on a seperate thread to the application window and the error is being throw immediatly after the thread reaches the end of its excecution. Aside from this error there appears to be no problems with the retrieval of data from the AD or the Database write. Infact this is appearing a long time after I access the AD although I don't know what happens when DirectoryEntry objects are disposed of - could this have something to do with it?

Could anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance,

Olly

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:21 PM

Answers

• User-1175958383 posted

Incase anyone is interested - This error was caused by the threading and had nothing to do with the directoryservices.dll assembly. If you are having similar problems I suggest you check your code and consider using delegates / asyncronous calls instead.

Cheers,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:19 AM