Command line switches for AzureStackDevelopmentKit.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hey team,

Are there any existing command line switches for the AzureStackDevelopmentKit.exe executable?  I would like to script out the extraction of the ASDK bin files.  I've scripted out getting the bin files, but combining them is proving to be tricky.  I've tried using the old "Get-Content | Add-Content" PowerShell commands, and tried streaming the bytes in using [System.IO.File] functions, but no luck.  Even tried using 7-zip to stitch them together, but that didn't seem to work either.  Command line switches or alternatives would be welcome!  Thanks.

-Ned

Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hello Ned,

I’ve done some research and wasn’t able to find any simple way to circumvent the use of

MicrosoftAzureStackPOC.exe to combining the 8 bin files into CloudBuilder.vhdx. 

Also - There doesn't seem to be any command-line switches for MicrosoftAzureStackPOC.exe that’d automate it’s Extraction and Acceptance of License Agreement from the command-line.

What are you trying to achieve with this specific automation?

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:19 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Looks like the most recent build of Azure Stack has a new executable "AzureStackDevelopmentKit.exe" which supports command line arguments.  You can run it with /verysilent and it will extract in the present working directory.  Thanks to you and the rest of the PG!

-Ned

Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Ned,

I’ve done some research and wasn’t able to find any simple way to circumvent the use of

MicrosoftAzureStackPOC.exe to combining the 8 bin files into CloudBuilder.vhdx. 

Also - There doesn't seem to be any command-line switches for MicrosoftAzureStackPOC.exe that’d automate it’s Extraction and Acceptance of License Agreement from the command-line.

What are you trying to achieve with this specific automation?

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:19 PM
  • Hi Gary,

I am trying to automate the deployment of Azure Stack on a VM in Azure using the custom script extension. I envision using this for training and labs with my coworkers. I could manually prepare it and capture the image. I would need to update each time a new ASDK came out. The more I can automate the process, the better. 

Thanks!

-Ned

Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:26 PM
  • Gary,

I'll mark this as an answer.  Can you please provide feedback to the team that creates the executable?  I'd really like a way to programatically build as much of the ASDK as possible.  In the meantime I'll plan to store the current CloudBuilder.vhdx in a storage account in Azure.

-Ned

Monday, October 16, 2017 7:28 PM
  • Thank you for your feedback. We shall relay this request to our internal team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:39 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Looks like the most recent build of Azure Stack has a new executable "AzureStackDevelopmentKit.exe" which supports command line arguments.  You can run it with /verysilent and it will extract in the present working directory.  Thanks to you and the rest of the PG!

-Ned

Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:07 PM