none
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server returned error message "Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user" RRS feed

• Question

• "Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user"

this error message is returned when trying to add a connection to a MS Access 2010 DB file that is located on another machine here on my home network when binding a db source to my form.

i have admin rights on the other machine. the folder on the other machine is shared and i have full rights to the share too.

Here is the error message:

OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server " returned message "Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.".The OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server reported an error. Authentication failed.Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:06 PM

Answers

All replies