none
Add a calendar to navigation pane? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

How do I add a calendar to my Navigation pane? Like below? I would like to do it in my own module.

Navpane Calendar

Thanks Prashanth

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:18 AM

Answers

• You won't be able to do that. It would be either a Web view or a folder view. If you want anything else you'd need to try to simulate what you want on the Web page using controls on that page. That's about the best you could do.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Prashanth Iyer" <=?utf-8?B?UHJhc2hhbnRoIEl5ZXI=?=> wrote in message news:ff1ed711-aba8-49ca-bbd8-0f7815007af2...

It does display the url address. Which is what I want. But I also want the date time picker control to be displayed on the nav pane. I want the view on the right to be the url address, but I do not want the view on the nav pane to change.

To be clear -

* I want to click on my folder which is of calendar type and have it display custom UI on the right of the nav pane. To do this, I am using webViewUrl and WebViewOn.

If I do this, it will not display the calendar UI on the right of the nav pane, which is what I want.

* But, I want the nav pane I.E everything to the left of the seperator to remain as it would have been if I had not given the WebViewUrl and WebViewOn 

* I want the that datetimepicker control ONLY to be displayed on the nav pane, and I do not want all the calendar UI on the right of the nav pane. I want my url address there.

Please ask if I am not clear

Thanks Prashanth

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• I've read that page already. It doesn't help me. The folder that I add in my solutions module is of type calendar, but then I specify webViewURL, and my custom form is displayed, the calendar dissapears.

Thanks Prashanth

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:33 AM
  • screenshot you have shown us shows folders under Calendar folder in primary mailbox. You most probably have added calendar folder in your solution module. You have to select 'Service request' on your navigation pane (if i correctly read your screenshot). Your calendar folder will be there.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:57 AM
  • I wanted to show you a screenshot of what I want to achieve in my own module. My Calendar folder is there but it doesn't display the calender on the nav pane when I give a webViewURL.

Thanks Prashanth

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:40 AM
  • if you set webViewUrl and WebViewOn on Folder then it will display your url address, not your calendar. I think i do not understand the problem, could you describe it again?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:26 AM
  • It does display the url address. Which is what I want. But I also want the date time picker control to be displayed on the nav pane. I want the view on the right to be the url address, but I do not want the view on the nav pane to change.

To be clear -

* I want to click on my folder which is of calendar type and have it display custom UI on the right of the nav pane. To do this, I am using webViewUrl and WebViewOn.

If I do this, it will not display the calendar UI on the right of the nav pane, which is what I want.

* But, I want the nav pane I.E everything to the left of the seperator to remain as it would have been if I had not given the WebViewUrl and WebViewOn 

* I want the that datetimepicker control ONLY to be displayed on the nav pane, and I do not want all the calendar UI on the right of the nav pane. I want my url address there.

Thanks Prashanth

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:54 AM
  • show us screenshot what actually displays in your solution module's navigation pane when you have your custom UI displayed on right side.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:18 PM
  • You won't be able to do that. It would be either a Web view or a folder view. If you want anything else you'd need to try to simulate what you want on the Web page using controls on that page. That's about the best you could do.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Prashanth Iyer" <=?utf-8?B?UHJhc2hhbnRoIEl5ZXI=?=> wrote in message news:ff1ed711-aba8-49ca-bbd8-0f7815007af2...

It does display the url address. Which is what I want. But I also want the date time picker control to be displayed on the nav pane. I want the view on the right to be the url address, but I do not want the view on the nav pane to change.

To be clear -

Thanks Prashanth

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:27 PM