none
Compatibility of WinCE 5.0 SDKs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WinCE 5.0 SDK for an x86 CEPC target. To debug an application built with this SDK For debugging purposes I created a platform for CEPC and Emulator target.

The compiled executables as well as the PDB files have been copied to the _FLATRELEASEDIR.
    I can now run and debug the application in the emulator. I can see the stack frames and the variables. But the kernel debugger shows only dissasembly. No source code is displayed. What do I have to do to support source level debugging?

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:35 AM

All replies

• In Platform Builder 'Edit' menu you can the find 'Source Path Mapping...' item (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa463300.aspx)
    Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

I found already this mapping. But unfortuately it doesn't work for me at all. Probably I am doing something totally wrong.

I have following directories:

1. _FLATRELEASEDIR below the Platform Builder project (C:\PROJECTS\EMU\RELDIR\EMULATOR_X86_DEBUG)
    2. OutputDirectory, where VS2005 puts the .EXE and the PDB file (C:\PROJECTS\SAMPLE\HELLO\bin\x86Dbg)
    3. Source directory, where the VS2005 .vcproj and all source files reside (C:\PROJECTS\SAMPLE\HELLO)
    4. Solution directory, where the VS2005 .sln resides. (C:\PROJECTS\SAMPLE)

The MSDN page advises:

In the Source Path Mapping dialog box, type the path to the PDB file generated by the compiler
    In the Local path box, type the path to the source code file you want associated with the PDB file.

I mapped from 1 to 3, from 2 to 3, and from 1 to 2. But nothing helped. The kernel debugger reports:

Loaded symbols for 'C:\PROJECTS\EMU\RELDIR\EMULATOR_X86_DEBUG\HELLO.EXE'

There is no ", no matching symbolic information found." for the .EXE but for some DLLs that are referenced in HELLO.EXE. I added a breakpoint in the main function of HELLO.EXE but this is never hit. And when an exception occurs no source file is loaded.

Can you suggest a mapping that should work?
    Can I cleanup the Platform Builder configuration, if there is somthing stupid stored in .ncb or so?

Monday, June 13, 2011 5:19 PM