automated nightly builds RRS feed

• Question

• User-1526017697 posted

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question..but we have currently a project that is on VS2008 with nunit unit tests and watin web tests. The process we have is: before we trunk our changes, we run all our unit tests..a min or so to run about 2000 tests..then the watin integration tests (800 of them). The problem is it takes about 1 to 2 hrs depending on how good the local machine is run them all. That is the source of our problem and my question here. Our machines for that 1 to 2 hrs is not usable since we want full process power focused on running tests and get it over with. Can someone tell us what they are doing to run integration (web) tests that click through anywhere between 4 and 10 web pages? what can we do to make it faster? I am looking for ideas...we know we want to change it..but no idea what options are out there.

Thanks

D

Monday, May 13, 2013 12:54 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi tinuverma

Unit testing is a kind of testing done at the side of developer who develops the application. It is used to test the methods, properties, classes and assemblies. Unit testing is not the testing done by the quality assurance department.

If you want to make your test faster, you could learn relevant information about Integration Testing with NUnit,

# Unit Testing Using NUnit

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/178635/Unit-Testing-Using-NUnit 

#Integration Testing with NUnit

http://chrisoldwood.blogspot.com/2010/03/integration-testing-with-nunit.html

If you want to get more support about nunit test, I think you could get help from NUnit – Test directly,

At the same time you could also consider use other test methods, such as MSTest, MSTest is a command line utility from Microsoft that executes unit tests created in Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010, you can learn relevant information about MSTest online,

hope it helpful to you,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 6:15 AM