Submitting forms to SharePoint formlib returns filename "NaN" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form template published in a SharePoint form library and want to create unique filenames everytime a form is first submitted. I can enter a reference to a single field (e.g., @name) in the File Name field of the Submit options, but when I try to add anything in addition to that (e.g., today(), or @date) to make the file name unique, it creates the file with "NaN" as the filename. Can anyone help me with this problem? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find any reference to this specific issue.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Normally when I want to combine multiple fields I use the Contact() function that is available.  Are you using this function?  If so please post your statement and I can review it and see if something is wrong with it.

Cheers,

Michael Lotter

http://www.sharepointblogs.com/mdlotter

Friday, October 12, 2007 2:52 AM
  •  

I use Concat function EX :

If you want to create file name like "Type-Name-DATE" --> "CREATE-SMITH-01012008"

concat(field1;field2;Date())

Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Hi,

Not a Number (NaN) occures if you try to parse a string to extract an integer, but there are not (only) digits in your string.

Have you any handler in your target list, that parse your filename? Any Workflows, that runs on create? Any ...

when the error occurs (publish template, submit form, ...)

regards

Friday, June 13, 2008 4:41 AM
  • Thanks very mutch !!!!

It's help me a lot.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:37 PM
  • Also if using an underscore"_" or dash "-" to separate values being concatinated don't forget to suround the separator with double quotes otherwise you will still get errors.  So for example, you might do Concat(username, "_". Date())

Dennis Bottjer | Follow Me: @dbottjer | Blog: Dennis Bottjer.com
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:34 AM