Table Header in freezed pane when exporting SSRS report to Excel. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a report, which contains a report header and then a tablix in Body of the report. When I export to PDF, I am able to see table header alongwith report header on every new page. It is because of Settings done for Table Header in advanced mode under Row Group Section- as "Keep With Group = After" and "Repeat on New Page = True". But, When I export it to Excel, I don't find table header being visible when I scroll down the report. i.e. table header is not present in Freezed Pane. Where as, I have Report Header present in Freezed Pane.

For this I had tried a solution(work around) in SSRS, I copied all the column headings(Table Header) from tablix and pasted it on Report Header portion and deleted table header from tablix in such a way the these headings are seemed as part of a single table alongwith following rows. But, in true sense these are individual text boxes. Now, when I export it to excel, I am able to see the table header(actually textboxes of column's heading) in freezed pane. Because, these textboxes are now part of report header.

It works well till here, the problem I am facing, when I view this report on any web application(Report Viewer) or report manager, the rendering is not as expected, all the textboxes gets scattered around with distance between each of them of around 1-3mm(approximately) and sometimes even more(exported to MHTML).  I understand that this is due to a each renderer redenders  report in its own way. But, because of this, I don't see properly aligned table. i.e. column with their headings.

Above problem doesn't appear when I have table header in the tablix itself. But, this way I lose the advantage of table header getting freezed in Excel.

So, Here is the question - Can I have the table header of tablix be present in freezed pane of excel, without having above mentioned work-around, but by some settings?

Thanks in advance,

-Jai

Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:41 PM

Answers

• Jai,

The SSRS export to Excel feature does not support pane freeze. If you want your Excel file to have a freezed pane, you have to do it manually (like you would do on a normal Excel file).

This feature is still under consideration with Improved User Interface of SSRS please vote at below link if you would like to see this in  next versions

Excel Export create freeze pane on Tablix Header Row not page header Row

Thanks,
    Sandip Shinde
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Suhas Kudekar Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jai_Brijpuria Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:45 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:06 PM