none
form1.resx cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• I have made several projects with a MS Access database worked fine.

Now after time they dont run I have them on a external drive. The error

I get is form1.resx cannot be found. I have searched for an answer but found none.

what happen?

Booney440

• Edited by Booney440 Sunday, April 29, 2018 2:59 PM Add image
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 5:34 PM

Answers

• If the resx file exist in the same folder as the form file but included in the project then under the project menu in Visual Studio select Show all files, if the resx file is shown the right click on it and select include in project. If the file does not show up then it simply does not exists and with that you would need to remedy this by trying to add back in resources or worst case create a new form, replicate form1.

This is a good argument for creating backups for your projects.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Booney440 Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:53 PM
    Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:01 PM

All replies

• If the resx file exist in the same folder as the form file but included in the project then under the project menu in Visual Studio select Show all files, if the resx file is shown the right click on it and select include in project. If the file does not show up then it simply does not exists and with that you would need to remedy this by trying to add back in resources or worst case create a new form, replicate form1.

This is a good argument for creating backups for your projects.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Booney440 Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:53 PM
    Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:01 PM
  • Was waiting on your answer, Thank you not sure what happen to lose it.

looks like in my case I will have to replicate Form1.

when you say backup are you talking about using Project Build Backup Script?

Thank you for your help

Booney440

Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:53 PM
  • Hello,

What I mean by using a backup is for instance using Team Foundation Server Community edition which has version control.

Here is the important aspect of the tool.

First-class integration with Visual Studio. Highlight changes to your code with rich file and folder diff tools. Track code changes across branches with powerful visualizations. Integrated code review tools help get feedback before code is checked in. You can restore prior versions of your project with a few clicks of your mouse.

VB Forums - moderator

Monday, April 30, 2018 12:03 AM