The My Site of User is scheduled for deletion. What's happens if the account is then re-enabled? Does it still delete the My Site account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

An account in AD had been disabled.  This initiated the My Site Clean up timer job on SharePoint 2013.  My question is that now the account has been re-enabled, does the timer job go ahead with the deletion of the account?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:09 AM

Answers

• After some research it seems that there is no way to stop this via administration.  I did come across an article that suggests you can do this via the MySiteProfileHandler.  See this blog

Here is an intersting article about Inside the SharePoint 2010 My Site Cleanup Timer.  It explains the process of My Site Cleanup but also suggests you can make a backup of the site colelction and restore.

Hope that helps.  For my case, I think we'll just leave the My Site to be deleted and advise the user to note what they had but most of them are empty.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:06 AM

All replies

• After some research it seems that there is no way to stop this via administration.  I did come across an article that suggests you can do this via the MySiteProfileHandler.  See this blog

Here is an intersting article about Inside the SharePoint 2010 My Site Cleanup Timer.  It explains the process of My Site Cleanup but also suggests you can make a backup of the site colelction and restore.

Hope that helps.  For my case, I think we'll just leave the My Site to be deleted and advise the user to note what they had but most of them are empty.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:06 AM
  • I also created another question that explains so tests I did with deleting the My Site manuualy from Central Admin.

How to handle my site deletions.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Hi Dyung,

Thank you for your sharing! It will be beneficial to others in this forum who meet the same issue in the future.

Best Regards,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:45 AM