none
Need help creating a standard report header RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a standard report header to be used with all of my reports.  

I have tried to make a subreport with the header information, and place the subreport in the Page Header. When I do this I get a message stating the Microsoft Report Designer Cannot place a Subreport in the Page Header or Page Footer.  

I also thought about creating a template, but if I were to make changes to the header down the road, I would still have to update all the old reports based off the original template.

Any suggestions on how to  have one report or subreport file with the header information, and associate new reports to this file.  

The header will contain the Company Name, City, and State, from the dataset, and also Globals!ExecutionTime

Thanks

Monday, March 2, 2009 9:33 PM

Answers

• Unforunately there is no way to achieve what you trying to do.  The only thing you can do is to create a template and base all your reports off of the template.

-p

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AJ720 Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:25 AM

All replies

• Have you managed to crack this one yet? I've got a similar requirement and was looking for something easy to manage and implement! 

Any thoughts?
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:47 AM

• Unforunately there is no way to achieve what you trying to do.  The only thing you can do is to create a template and base all your reports off of the template.

-p

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AJ720 Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:25 AM