Wordpress - Upgrade Network 502 Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a Multisite Installation of Wordpress. I have recently upgraded Wordpress and have been notified that I need to upgrade my database. Here is the message displayed under wp-admin -> Updates -> Upgrade Network:

Upgrade Network

Database Upgrade Required

WordPress has been updated! Before we send you on your way, we need to individually upgrade the sites in your network.

The upgrade process may take a little while, so please be patient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After clicking on 'Upgrade Network' Wordpress appears to be doing things for a while, and then I get this error:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea how I can upgrade my network on my Wordpress Install? Please let me know what additional details I need to provide.

nenvy

• Edited by andersra Friday, August 30, 2013 9:49 PM formatting
    Friday, August 30, 2013 9:48 PM

Answers

• My guess is that the upgrade is taking longer than 3 minutes and the WAWS front-end times out while waiting for it. If that's so, the operation should still be completing on the WordPress side of things unless it hits the timeout on the web server as well.

Do you see this and it still prompts you to upgrade on the next browse to the site?

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

• Marked as answer by Haixia_Xie Friday, September 6, 2013 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Andersra,

To troubleshoot the issue, I would like to suggest you enable detailed error pages on the Configure screen in Azure management portal, and please also check if the firewall do trick.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:46 AM
  • My guess is that the upgrade is taking longer than 3 minutes and the WAWS front-end times out while waiting for it. If that's so, the operation should still be completing on the WordPress side of things unless it hits the timeout on the web server as well.

Do you see this and it still prompts you to upgrade on the next browse to the site?

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

• Marked as answer by Haixia_Xie Friday, September 6, 2013 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:56 PM