none
Un-delete a Soft Deleted Contact and Appointment from Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• G'day Guys,

I have a scenario where I should be able to un-delete a soft deleted contact or appointment. I am dealing with some third party software where I need to delete an appointment in Exchange and once it is deleted I need disassociate the deleted exchange id from the third party record (it is associated when the exchange item is created).

Now, there is possibility that the third party code will fail. In this case I want to recover the deleted item (soft deleted) and move it back to Contacts / Appointment folder.

How can I achieve this in exchange 2010 EWS Managed API?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thx

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:37 AM

All replies

• In Exchange 2010 with Single Item Recovery you have the Dumpster v2.0 which you can read about on http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2009/09/25/3408389.aspx.

Basically what happens when you delete a message its gets moved into the WellKnownFolderName.RecoverableItemsDeletions folder (for the retention period). If you want to recover that Items you can just Move or copy it back for that location. The tricky bit is that Exchange doesn't track the old ItemId nor does it track the folder the Item was deleted from. So you have to come up with your own way of identifying this (eg use your own custom property, PR_Seach_key etc).

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:09 AM