none
Exchange Hybrid Azure VM Replication Errror 153006

Question

• I have a single-instance Exchange Server 2016 server as an Azure VM that is protected with ASR.  Initial configuration of replication is successful, but afterwards I receive the error 153006 "No app-consistent recovery point available for the VM in the last 240 minutes."

Troubleshooting steps include making sure there are no outbound proxies or NSGs filtering outbound traffic.  I do not have any network firewalls or proxies in place and there are no NSG rules for outbound traffic other than the defaults.  This is one VM in a subnet that contains several other Azure VMs which are not experiencing this problem.

I am unsure of how to troubleshoot this further as there seems to be no other guidance on this specific error.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:50 PM

Answers

• Did you looked into the app logs of the VM? You should find them in the ASR Agent Installation path and can you please paste the error here.
    • Marked as answer by PS CL Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:19 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 12:57 PM
  • I couldn't find logs in the ASR Agent install path that were of relevance.  I did however see an event in Azure for Error ID 152007, "App-consistent recovery tag generation for <SERVERNAME> has failed.  This may be a transient failure.  Repeated and multiple app-consistent tag generation failures on a replicating machine may be indicative of other issues, such as VSS snapshot failures on Windows due to multiple VSS applications issuing snapshot requests."

I also have Azure Backup running against the server.

I upgraded Exchange 2016 from CU11 to CU12, disabled replication and re-enabled it and it appears to have resolved the issue.  Though I still see this error in the events for the VM occasionally, it does not appear that are as frequent and the Replication Health status has remained "Healthy".

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:19 PM

All replies

• Friday, March 15, 2019 6:05 AM
  • I have followed this guidance from the Azure portal.  Even though the specific error code is not listed in any of the articles, I did read through all of them.  There is nothing in place that should be impeding outbound connectivity.
    Friday, March 15, 2019 2:06 PM
  • This is a rare issue and there doesn't seem to be much troubleshooting guidance on it. For now, I suggest you raise a support ticket to get immediate attention from our support staff who can further investigate this issue and help fixing it. Let me know if you've any concerns raising a support request.

Monday, March 18, 2019 12:03 PM
  • Did you looked into the app logs of the VM? You should find them in the ASR Agent Installation path and can you please paste the error here.
    Monday, March 18, 2019 12:57 PM
  • I couldn't find logs in the ASR Agent install path that were of relevance.  I did however see an event in Azure for Error ID 152007, "App-consistent recovery tag generation for <SERVERNAME> has failed.  This may be a transient failure.  Repeated and multiple app-consistent tag generation failures on a replicating machine may be indicative of other issues, such as VSS snapshot failures on Windows due to multiple VSS applications issuing snapshot requests."

I also have Azure Backup running against the server.

I upgraded Exchange 2016 from CU11 to CU12, disabled replication and re-enabled it and it appears to have resolved the issue.  Though I still see this error in the events for the VM occasionally, it does not appear that are as frequent and the Replication Health status has remained "Healthy".

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:19 PM
  • @PS CL Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Appreciate your efforts and thanks for sharing the solution with the community.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:12 AM